Fan Sau Continuous Motion in Life and Kung Fu Constant motion refers to any type of motion that fits either of the following two principles: (1) the distance traveled by the object is the same for each second, or (2) the speed of the object changes by the same amount each second. Thus, the structure of a Continuous Motion technique “Fan Sau” is attributed to changes...Read More
This should be a concern for anyone seeking a martial arts school, but I will keep the article Wing Chun specific. The determining factors will, of course, vary somewhat from person to person depending on what each person is looking to get out of their training. I will, however, presume that if you are looking to study to Wing Chun that you want to learn how to...Read More
We were all a little surprised when Mike Tyson was cast opposite Donnie Yen in the next Ip Man movie. Everyone I know is a bit curious to see how this will play out in real life and on the big screen…and our first bit of gossip about the interaction is actually not so surprising.
Finger injuries are among the most common in Wing Chun. Because our art involves manual dexterity, a nimbleness of our hands, we are more vulnerable to sprains and breaks to the digits. We even use our fingers to attack directly to the eyes or to add explosive power to pulling or slapping motions (lop sau or an exploitive pak sau).Read More
There is an old saying that Kung fu training is 10 percent learning and 90 percent practice. If our time spent learning from our instructors in class counts as that 10 percent learning, what of the other 90 percent? This of course comes in the form of our own personal training at home, without this training how can we hope to make the progress that will allow us to reach our goals?Read More
Kim Sifu here! The following article was posted with the permission of Sifu Angela Minerva, who is the rightful author of the article. There is great insight into the art here. The article was originally posted on March 10, 2014 at 10:07 am. I have embedded the post at the end of the article. You may contact her there or through her website...Read More
Have you ever asked your Wing Chun Sifu a “What if?” question only to get smacked upside the head with the answer? For example, you ask, “what if he tries to take me down to the ground?” and your Sifu says, “Okay, try to take me to the ground.” He stands there glowering at you in Yee Gee Kim Yeung Ma, and you rethink having...Read More